■ Personal information collected and the means of collection
A. Information we collect
• The Company collects the following data for the purpose of membership sign-ups, consultations, and service applications.
o When signing up for membership: Name, ID, phone number, mobile number, e-mail. Billing address.
o When placing orders: Shipping Address, payment information
• Information collected through use of online services or the processing process: use record, access log, cookies, connecting IP information, payment record, unruly use, and others.
B. Means of collecting personal information
• Personal information is collected through the website, letter, Q&A, e-mail, event entries, phone, and generated data collection tool.
■ Purpose of collection and use of personal information
Dongdaemun.com collects personal information for the following purposes and use.
• Provision of services obligated by fulfillment of contract and the payment that follows
Supply content, purchase and payment, delivery of goods, billing statements and others, user verifications for financial transactions and financial services.
• Member management
Identify user to access members-only services, verify user, prevent unauthorized use, check membership subscription, handle complaints and deliver notices.
• Marketing and promotional use
Delivery of events and advertisements; gain a statistical understanding of the members’ frequency of access to and use of site.
■ Period of possession and utilization of personal information
As a general rule, once the personal data has fulfilled the purposes for which they were collected, they are to be immediately discarded. Except for the following that will be retained for certain periods for reasons noted below.
A. Information held according to the Company’s internal policies
Even when a member has canceled his/her membership, the member’s personal information may be retained for 2 years from the date of cancelation in order to resolve future disputes, to cooperate with the requests of law enforcement agencies, and to prevent the recurrence of fraudulent uses by unruly members.
■ Procedures and methods of discarding personal information
As a general rule, once the personal data has fulfilled the purposes for which they were collected, they are immediately discarded. The procedure and method to discard is detailed below.
• Discarding procedure
Following the cause for information protection according to the internal policies or related statutes, once the personal data has fulfilled the purposes they will be transferred to a separate database(DB) (or filed separately in a folder if in paper form), then it will be discarded after a certain period of time. Personal information that is transferred to a separate DB will not be used for any other purposes except in the case of the law.
• Discarding method
Use technical method to stop reproduction of personal information saved in electronic form.
■ Disclosing personal information
As a general rule, the Company shall not disclose user’s personal information to any external party except for the cases below.
• Prior consent from user
• Following the legislation rule or when law enforcement agencies require such information for investigative purposes during the process as prescribed by the law.
■ Consignment of collected personal information
For the provision of services, the Company consigns collected personal information to specialized companies detailed below.
• Consignee: [Name of delivery company]
• Details of consignment: [Delivery company’s consignment details]
• Consignee: [Name of payment gateway provider]
• Details of consignment: [Payment gateway provider’s consignment details]
■ The rights of users and legal representatives and methods of exercising those rights
• The user may view or edit his/her personal information and request to terminate membership at any time.
• To view or edit a user’s personal information, login and go to "MY INFO". To cancel subscription (terminate membership), click on ‘Close account’.
• User may contact Dongdaemun.com by Q&A or email, and necessary actions will be taken.
• Should a user request corrections on errors of personal information, the Company shall not use or provide any personal information until a correction is made. In addition, if the wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, the Company shall immediately notify them so that a proper correction can be made.
PLEASE SELECT THE DESTINATION COUNTRY AND LANGUAGE :